Key Tips on How to Choose Glasses
Shop Our Online Store
For our eyewear deals
How many times have you met a man on the street who wears completely unfit glasses? It is a fashion faux pas, and simply quite ridiculous if you don’t choose glasses that fit your face shape and contrast. Here are key tips on how to choose glasses.
You have to pay attention to a few things:
- The width of the frame should match the width of your face. This means, when looking at you straight on, the glasses should not hang off the side of your face and we should not be able to see the sides of the temples.
- We should be able to see your eyebrows above the frames. At least half of them.
- Each eyeball should be directly in the center of the lens, from left to right. The distance between the corner of the eye and the edge of lens should be the same on both sides of the eye.
- Your eye should fill the top half of the lens.
- The temples should be adjusted to fit around your ears.
- The overall frame should be located roughly in the middle of your face.
A frame size is typically noted as: lens width – bridge width – temple width. For example:
51mm – 21mm – 145mm
As a general guideline, here are some starting points for total:
Small/Narrow Face: 125mm – 129mm
Medium Face: 130mm – 134mm
Large Face: 135mm – 139mm
Wide Face: 140mm – 145mm
In addition to finding the proper shape and size for your face, you should also look for a frame that compliments your natural coloring – meaning your skin, hair, and the colors you wear most often.
When choosing an eyeglass frame for your face shape you should consider that the frame shape should contrast with your face shape and the frame size should be in scale with your face size. Also, you need to consider the shape of your face. There are seven basic face shapes: round, oval, oblong, base-down triangle, base-up triangle, diamond and square and each of them fits a specific frame of glasses.
Before choosing a lens, you should go to visit an optometry clinic.Eye doctor will be able to prescribe suitable glаѕѕеѕ, frаmеѕ оr соntасt lеnѕеѕ. Lens color, as well as lens opacity, also make a big difference. For example, being able to see your eyes through the lenses of a pair of shades is a decidedly different look. In general, eye doctor would advise keeping your lenses dark enough that the eyes are barely visible. Eyes behind dark lenses are protected from the sun. Image Optometry’s Coquitlam optometry and Vancouver optometry offers eye exams and sell glasses. Visit their store and buy glasses from the largest collection in the world.
Usually a vision problem begins to appear as a headache and pain in the eyes. Then you need to have eye doctor’s appointment and there is a chance that you’ll be prescribed glasses with diopter. In the case that your eyesight is excellent and that you have no need for a prescription- you can wear non-prescription glasses or clear glasses.
Image Optometry has been around since 1949. We have everything you need for your vision.